Search This Blog

Friday, December 3, 2010

EQ Magnum Heads!


I recently started working on some EngineQuest Magnum heads for the small block Chrysler engine and have to say that I am impressed. I won't go over any of the features that make these heads a great iron replacement head here because that info can be found anywhere on the 'net. What I will add here is that with a 2.02" intake valve (it was all I had at the time) and no valve job, and right out of the box they flowed quite well peaking @ 230 cfm at .550". I then applied a quick valve job to make the 2.02" valve at home where a 1.92" valve was supposed to reside and re-tested. Wow, flow was now registering 247 cfm with no loss anywhere in the lift curve. Now I had no real intention of making these into a full on performance head so I used one carbide burr only and opened the pushrod pinch, profiled the guide, blended the bowl and touched the short side. I also have on hand some derelict titanium valves in a 5/16" stem and a 2.19" head diameter to try and make work. After a quick trip to the lathe and valve grinder I now have a set of Ti 2.02" valves to work with. Here's the really eye opening part-Back on the SF-1020 and with a true 4.03" bore and tested @ 28". Peak flow is now registering 272.5 cfm @ .600" . I also cc'd that port and came up with 180cc's on the nose. I plan to install these on a .040" over 360 with a hydraulic cam and dyno test in the very near future. Check back for updates.

1 comment:

  1. post your resume Find better at Reconnectin Job Search Engines on the web. Post jobs or your resume in Australia browse for engineering jobs & employment opportunities in your area.

    ReplyDelete